View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 1:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 354 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next
The official Server Test Account problem thread 
Orc Warlord

Any chance you'll also display mob level next to their name? I thought it was back before the new UI was implemented but I could be wrong.

Also a sorting function for the bank would be amazing. A few options like slot type, rarity, level req., alphabetical etc would save my sanity a bit. Also a button that boots my entire invo into bank after I vendor all the junk ^_^

I will also say that were I not dark elf with the life leech ability I'd likely be hitting the same wall as fitzor. When I geared my previous woodelf ranger to the teeth life regen stopped being a problem, but not until I was decked in elite uniques. My heal is now starting to become trivial and the wall is approaching but not quite yet.

Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:50 pm
Site Admin

I came up with a pretty good idea. It's pretty cool because it will allow for absolute shit drops from hell Nalatos but, on average, also allow for better treasure class results on average. I think it's a good balance. Maybe some don't like getting level 6 unique drops from Hell Nalatos, but I personally think it's kind of funny.

YouTube | Facebook | Discord

Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:51 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Wat u guys? I don't think even WoW has a bank sorting feature? Does it? lol

Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:52 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Yes, the mob level was in back in the day. I decided to remove it to make the game more mysterious and enigmatic. Though hit points are right there.

Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:53 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Perhaps Mukkel is correct and a treasure class bump is in order. I think you guys will like what I did.

Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:54 pm
Profile WWW
The Hero

Well, for bank sorting - even if the feature just highlighted your 'sort' items somehow, that would be a tremendous help. ie. i sort for items with dex - it would highlight all items with dexterity in my bank in some kind of hue. it would certainly save from having to hover over a full bank of stuff. now i just need to check out the 5-10 items that it has highlighted.

Looking forward to the loot implementation! About to slay General Ovext (I hope). All of these boss fights are right down to the wire now. haha Hope he doesn't give me 4 yellows like that lame Vox wannabe did :)

Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:19 pm
Orc Warlord

Quests currently a little bugged, quest status in nightmare is being reset to boss kills upon logging out/in after killing bosses. Can farm bosses for free. Can confirm for vistons redoubt III, vox and arcturins crypt. Probably a few others but those are the ones ive noticed so far.

Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:28 pm
Orc Warlord

WoW banks werent getting a dozen new items at a time tho haha, this game is much more of a gear mill than most others. Only D2 comes close. Item management is most of the game at times. I find myself using triage to delete good loot while in the middle of a big chain fight and sorting out that mess at the bank later is a lot of work.

Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:31 pm
Site Admin

Refresh now. The new treasure class floor is in effect in 53 as well as remembering your email address at login. I don't think the loot difference will be a dramatic difference, but it will be significant in the long term.

Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:36 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

TerdarE'ci wrote:
Quests currently a little bugged, quest status in nightmare is being reset to boss kills upon logging out/in after killing bosses. Can farm bosses for free. Can confirm for vistons redoubt III, vox and arcturins crypt. Probably a few others but those are the ones ive noticed so far.

So what happens? You kill the boss... reset, go back, you can go direct to boss again?

Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:38 pm
Profile WWW
The Hero

Going to go exploit that now since Highlord Szarthax pretty much rapes me a new butthole. :)

Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:59 pm
The Hero

Ok, seriously - this fight is full retard with hardly any lifeleech.. Lava bolts hit me for 450 (and she likes to spam them, apparently), she double/triple attacks me for 150-270. How is this supposed to be remotely possible? haha

We've proven that Keterdar probably wiped the floor with him, but when you lack dps.. what's the solution here?

Edit: 19 attempts. Lowest I've gotten him is 61%. That's with respeccing to interrupt as much as I can and use that flaky absorb spell ability that seems to work 50% of the time.

On the upside, I did manage to go back and kill the Vox wannabe again on the first go - she dropped four yellows, again.. hah

Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:08 am
Site Admin

What's your fire resist? ^_^

Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:07 am
Profile WWW
Gnoll Commander

I'm curious as to this loot floor. Will it, say, prevent us from getting the "Exceptional" set piece to the high end sets when we're in hell? Or is the floor low enough to let us still see those kinds of things? Often times lower level items are just better because they give haste or crit.

Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:49 am
The Hero

FR is 142. All of my resists are between 140 and 160.
Armour is 1700+
12 Physical reduction (whatever that means)
13 Magical reduction (whatever that means)

Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:07 am
The Hero

At this point, it's not even the fire breaths...

It's basically this.. every single time. I've been building my character for max AC and defense..

Attachments:
damage.JPG
damage.JPG [ 28.91 KiB | Viewed 4910 times ]
Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:15 am
Orc Warlord

Hmm, does fire enchant dmg get mitigated by either AC/defense or resist? Never really thought about it. Those look like full damage hits.

Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:11 am
Site Admin

I think.... it does.... lol. I'm pretty sure it gets processed as a separate magic hit. Mukkel: now you got me wanting to try to play through my own game. At the moment I'd just recommend a shit-ton of leech and mad deeeps. If you hit a wall like that, I think I'd try to farm a boss that doesn't give you problems. Something that you kill very quickly with little to no risk.

I'm hesitant to adjust the boss difficulty as it has been this way for a long time now. It's called nightmare for a reason :o

Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:03 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Rynn wrote:
I'm curious as to this loot floor. Will it, say, prevent us from getting the "Exceptional" set piece to the high end sets when we're in hell? Or is the floor low enough to let us still see those kinds of things? Often times lower level items are just better because they give haste or crit.

The loot floor is basically a dice roll of random 0-40% + random 0-40%. So the treasure class can be as low as 1 and as high as 80% of mob's level. So a level 99 boss could potentially roll loot with a random treasure class of 80-99 on a best possible roll. Worst possible roll would be a possible treasure class of 1-99. So that means Nalatos on hell can drop absolutely anything.

Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:05 am
Profile WWW
The Hero

I started up a ranger - Holy crap, it's night and day compared to the warrior... They have way more abilities when it comes to mitigating damage and avoidance - PLUS do about twice the damage. I'll probably just play this to 99 and then gear up my warrior from the crap I find. It's too painful playing that character with the gear I've managed to find.

As for the feedback. I could do that, but no thanks. I'd rather enjoy the time I spend playing. hehe The gear I have right now is the best defensive gear I've found with leech, ac and resists.. I honestly didn't even care if it had strength on it after a while. Likely why my DPS is in the toilet, but then again my defense seems to be as well since that dragon ROFLstomps my face. Funny how I can beat the previous dragon with not much difficulty even with the "CH".

Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:09 pm
The Hero

TerdarE'ci wrote:
Hmm, does fire enchant dmg get mitigated by either AC/defense or resist? Never really thought about it. Those look like full damage hits.

BTW, these hits are after I applied my 40% strength debuff to it.. I don't think it did anything honestly because the hits seem to be the same to me regardless.

Being hit that hard, I don't think any amount of leech will help in any meaningful way - not with L.40 max gear being discovered anyway.

Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:11 pm
Site Admin

Do you catch absorb Szarthax's fireballs with the warrior? It heals a lot. Triage and Bulwark are great too! Plus you have good stuns with slam and shockwave. Ranger has no stuns without talents. You can also use invinicibility to your advantage using Pummel.

Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:49 pm
Profile WWW
The Hero

the castings of fear and fireball look identical so i would often absorb a fear instead of a fireball - i guess that's something that could be modified on the boss to help out. otherwise, i was using my interrupts as much as ogrely possible.

there would be times when he would spam 5 fireballs in a row - not much i can do there.. then it was actually worse when he didn't cast any and just melee'd me to death. being pummeled with those melee attacks is much much worse.

i'll be at him tomorrow with the ranger. we'll see what kind of difference there is.

Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:01 pm
Site Admin

I thought fear was a different particle color... like purple? Fireball should be orange. In between absorbs you can stun/bulwark/triage. And remember that triage is more effective when you're low on health! Just some ideas that might help. When you stun try to use pummel on the tail end of its availability so you get more value from it. It can usually help you avoid the mob's next attack.

Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:41 pm
Profile WWW
The Hero

i'll have to go die again at some point to see what the difference was - i remember them being the same colour though since half of my 'absorbs' were for fear.

Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 354 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next